Wednesday 30 October 2013

Research Results!

So when I said research I basically meant I'll do some googling and see what comes up ;)

What did come up was some visualisers other people have made using unity. Some of these visualisers aren't exactly what I intend to create but they did point me in the direction of  two functions :

AudioSource.GetOutputData(Array[], Channel);

and

AudioSource.GetSpectrumData(Array[], Channel, Window);

The functions will fill an array from the channel specified with data related to the Amplitude or Frequency an Audio Source respectively.

This is great, the values that I get I can then use for transformations, colours etc...

Now I know what functions to play with I'll try and fill some arrays with the data from the functions and use them to transform some objects in my Unity3D scene! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment